We will all be tested - In the town of Dillon, Texas, football is life, and no one knows that better than new head Coach Eric Taylor (Kyle Chandler). Pressure mounts as the Dillon Panthers, led by star quarterback Jason Street (Scott Porter), enter pre-season surrounded by a swirl of press, recruiters, and State Championship sized expectations.
Expectations are high for rookie head coach Eric Taylor as he prepares his team, the Dillon Panthers, for the season opener. Led by star quarterback Jason Street, the #1 high school team in Texas has its sights set on the state championship. As Taylor deals with pressure to win and win immediately, his family must deal with their new social status and the accompanying obligations. When Friday comes, the Panthers' hopes are dealt a mortal blow as Street is injured and Taylor is forced to turn to sophomore Matt Saracen. Saracen plays hard in the shadow of despair with Street still in surgery and his condition to be determined.
- Kyle Chandler as Eric Taylor
- Connie Britton as Tami Taylor
- Gaius Charles as Brian Williams
- Zach Gilford as Matt Saracen
- Minka Kelly as Lyla Garrity
- Taylor Kitsch as Tim Riggins
- Adrianne Palicki as Tyra Collette
- Jesse Plemons as Landry Clarke
- Scott Porter as Jason Street
- Aimee Teegarden as Julie Taylor
- Matthew Greer as Coach Deeks
- Libby Villari as Mayor Lucy Rodell
- Louanne Stephens as Lorraine Saracen
- Brad Leland as Buddy Garrity
- Derek Phillips as Billy Riggins
- Mark Nutter as Mitchell Street
- Katherine Willis as Joanne Street
- Merrilee McCommas as Pam Garrity
- Cindy Creekmore as Missy Aubrey
- Noble Chase Pack as Little Buddy Garrity
- Kate Krause as Tabby Garrity
- Brian D. Phelan as QB Coach
- Dago Pates as David Matters
- John Hambrick as Eddie McMannus
- Orlando Storm Smart as Little QB
|Characters||Events||Locations||Organizations and titles||Miscellanea|
Organizations and titles
- Landry: "I'm thinking about getting a sign that says, 'Landry Clarke, utterly useless, all-state jerk team.'"
- Smash: "You're making us look weak. One person fumbles the ball, we ALL fumble the ball! One person shows up half-drunk, we ALL show up half-drunk!"
- Tim: "Let's touch God tonight boys. Let's touch God."
- Julie: "I don't eat with football players. Oh, and I don't eat with you either."
- Jason: "I think everybody loves football."
- Tyra: "Really? How interesting...That's SO interesting...I think I'd be hard pressed to remember anything so damn interesting."
- Coach Taylor: "Do you remember how to read the coverage? You go out there and you see where their guys are and you see where our guys are. Then you throw the ball to our guys. Stay calm, Do your best....Son, we have a chance to win this game."